Friday, April 24, 2009

Pitching...

So, I'm jealous I'm not at RT, but that's okay... in the meantime, I worked on pitch cards for the Colorado conference! Thanks to my friend, Karen Doctor, I feel my story is now more cohesive! i'm very pleased with how they turn out, despite that I might fail horribly with pitching to the Dorchester editor I'm scheduled to meet with. LOL! It's my first, so I'll be terrified, but I feel I'll have something GOOD I can pitch to him and that it's not just all in my head.

As an opening, I have... "Kyra’s Curse is a fantasy romance set in a mythical world where magic, prophecy, and love intertwine to conquer evil."

Wish me luck! Now I just need to finish it! I'm almost there!

1 comment:

Helen Hardt said...

Don't worry -- your pitch will go fine! Most editors are really nice and know how freaked you are. Monica just emailed me from RT -- they're having a blast! Next year we're there, dear ;).

H.